Information about Three Minute Thesis Competition, 2023 Peck Symposium
3MT titles are due to Cindy Everhart by 3/24 at 9am firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Rodolfo Pinal will be the moderator for the 3MT competition. Please make sure that you review these important rules:
- a single static PowerPoint slide is permitted;
- no slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description are permitted;
- your slide is to be presented from the beginning of your oration; and
- no additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
The three-minute thesis competition will start at 1:30pm on Thursday, March 30, 2023 in Purdue’s Stewart Center, 2nd floor, room 214. Please be a bit early. Please have your presentation on your laptop or a USB drive. If you have a MAC laptop you will need to bring an HDMI dongle to connect.
The score sheet which lists the order of the presentations is below.
Time will be carefully monitored, and the 3 minute deadline will be strictly imposed. Winners will be announced at the end of the symposium.
$250 scholarship for first place
$125 scholarship for second place
$75 scholarship for third place
2023 Peck Symposium 3MT Competition
Each of the following criterial has equal weight
- Communication Style: Was the thesis topic and its significance communicated in language appropriate to an intelligent but non-specialist audience?
- Comprehension: Did the presentation help the audience understand the research?
- Engagement: Did the oration make the audience want to know more?